Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Follow Your Road

My favorite riding area in Pyeongtaek
For the past four years I have done my best to live my own story and stay out of the general ex-pat drama.  Due to my alternate lifestyle growing up, this was rather easy for me. I'm accustomed to isolation and entertaining myself, building a world of my own making.  Part of that process, since I moved to Korea, has involved documenting my own drama and keeping track of the things that amuse me.  I say this to explain that this is not a lifestyle blog or really even an ex-pat blog, it's just the ramblings of countryside hermit as she weaves a life out of new thread.

Lately though, I've started to feel bad about hording the information that I have acquired during my time here and I've started putting together more informational blogs to share with others.  I do this with great trepidation, because I'm not really someone who wants to be "involved in the conversation". I prefer to talk to myself, alone, while semi-lost on mountain trails.

So why am I telling you this? So that you understand this blog just documents my life.  The things I write about here are the things I do and the way I do them.  I'll do my best to provide you with the details I gather on my journeys, but I'm not trying to be Korea's greatest travel expert and I don't want you to walk in my footsteps.  You are living your story and your drama.  You might not have a car, it doesn't mean you can't still go where I go - it will just look different. Don't let it stop you. Go out there and do all the stuff.  There are many roads to every destination, each one is filled with it's own delights.



No comments: