Wednesday, October 9, 2013

KIIP Intermediate 2: Grammar Cheat Sheet



Well folks, here they are!
KIIP Intermediate 2 Grammar Points
(Also known as KIIP level 4)
(But level 5 of 6)
(ㅋㅋㅋ yes. It's confusing.)

Once I have time I will try to find lesson links, 
but for now the information will just have to do.

Chapter 1
-(으)ㄹ수록
The more A, the more B
얼마나 - (으)ㄴ/는지
모르다/알다
You know how ____ it is.
You don't know how ____ it is.
(Can't find an online lesson for this point.)

Chapter 2
-(으)로 인해서
(으)로 인해서 -> Reason for a specific situation or incident
예) 환경오염으로 이해서 여러 가지 문제가 생기고 있다.
예) 오늘 아침에 비로 인해 호우주의보 내렸다.

This can only be used with 명사.
(Can't find an online lesson for this point.)

-(으)ㄴ/는 김에
While you are at it...

Chapter 3
-더니
cause and effect

-(으) ㄴ/는 셈이다
Indicates a calculated result
Often used when stating a choice that you've made.
Chapter 4
-(으)ㄴ/는 한
"as long as"

Chapter 5
-느니 차라리
I would rather

어차피 -(으) 니까
Anyway, in any case
For things that can't be helped.

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Chapter 10
Review

Chapter 11

Chapter 12
-(으)로 삼다

Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Chapter 15
-답다
-듯이

Chapter 16
-도록
-길래

Chapter 17
-(으)ㄴ/는 데다가
-만에

Chapter 18
미처 -못하다/모르다

Chapter 19

Chapter 20
Review

OTHER KIIP POSTS


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow~ Thanks so much! I just passed the level three test and since level four isn't starting up until February or March, I really wanted to get a jump on studying~ Have you taken the final test for it yet? I'm so curious about how it will be and really hope there isn't a listening or composition portion x.x

You Are Here said...

I'm also waiting for level four in February or March. A friend hooked me up with the level 4 book and I've already started studying the grammar and will begin looking at the vocabulary next week.

I'll also work on grammar links and making sure all the grammar notes go up for Intermediate 2.

From what others have said, the next exam is done in a similar way to the entrance exam. Very different from the level exams. We will need to REALLY know our stuff to pass it. Since I know my vocabulary is very bad, that's what I'm working on the most over the next few months.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thank you for this amazing blog ^^ It helped me a lot to figure out how to study for the KIIP. I took the placement test in May and I've been studying the stage 4 (intermediate 2) for the past few months. The thing is that I just can't understand what is the final exam about and I'm pretty sure my teacher doesn't either...

I think there will be a test in late august (중간평가) for which I have to apply on socinet and print the corresponding exam ticket. According to socinet, I should get a grade equivalent to 60 % in order to pass and get the KIIP-KLCT diploma. I heard the test is very similar to the placement test.

Now, according to my teacher, there is another test about writing, listening, speaking, grammar and vocab (very similar to what we've been studying in class) for which I should get 80 % in order to go on to studying stage 5 (한국사회 이해).

You insight would be much appreciated ?? Thanks again!

You Are Here said...

You will take one test at the end of level 4. You will need to get a 60%. This test is not easy, but also not hard and it is similar to the entrance exam. My biggest tip is that you need to practice writing essays on the grid paper. You can find it in the Homeplus office section. Here are the writing guidelines. http://keytokorean.com/resources/topik/learn-how-to-write-topik-essays-well-using-wongoji-writing-guidelines/ This was the toughest part for me because they are very specific about how they want you to fill in the boxes. There are special rules you need to know.

Personally, I couldn't pass it on the first try so I had to take level 4 twice. However, the second time you take level 4 you do not have to take the test. You pass it and automatically and move onto level 5. When you get to level 5 you have 3 chances to pass the class but if you can't pass after the first two times, after the 3rd one they just give it to you :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the information. I have few questions (and sorry about my english). Do you remember or have any example about the lvl 4 test? How they tested you in speaking test and can is it still true that if u take lvl 4 for the 2nd times u wont need to test again? Any site i can search and see example of previous test? Thank you (Well, this saturday i have this test so ... well, i dont know wat to do xD)

You Are Here said...

The speaking test is always difficult and hard to prepare for. They have done it differently each time I have taken it so I can't give good advice other than before to say something :) If you fail the test the first time, you do not take the test the next time. You are automatically sent to level 5. There are no sample tests online, sorry. ㅠㅠ