Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Woman's Right To Choose



Maybe it's just me, 
but I've felt like 
the USA held my uterus hostage.

If I didn't follow their rules,
jump through their hoops,
pay their excessive fees then
NO BIRTH CONTROL FOR YOU!!!!

In South Korea it's simple,
you walk in the pharmacy 
and you say, 
"Piim juseyo."
or show them this,
피임주세요.

They then hand you your birth control,
you pay 6,000 to 10,000 won
and then you leave.

There are strange reports online 
about how women have felt
 "judged" 
by the looks at the pharmacy.  
As far as I can tell, 
this is a personal issue. 
There hasn't been a pharmacy around 
that has been anything but polite to me 
and I've lived in only small towns.

If you need to know more 
about the birth control you have been given, 
it's all easily Googled when you get home.

Korea is not a third world country.
They have birth control everywhere,
and easier and cheaper to access than at home.

Try E-mart or Home Plus
if you are wondering where to get started.
Just, whatever you do,
don't be young and stupid.

On the other hand,
having a kid in Korea is virtually free
so whatever floats your boat.

No comments: